Ne manquez pas nos nouveaux contenus
It is essential to pay particular attention to ventilation in livestock. Indeed, ventilation allows :
- To evacuate the water rejected by the animals, which is found in the litters and on the walls of the building
- To renew the air in order to oxygenate the animals while eliminating the heavy gases contained in the building which influence the technical results
- To contribute to the well-being of the animals and to the expression of their genetic potential
- To maintain the atmosphere without temperature fluctuation in winter and to create air speed in summer
The control of ventilation starts with the adjustment of the equipment according to the stages of production.
Moreover, the sizing of the ventilation equipment is defined in relation to the air requirement in cubic meters per hour. This makes it possible to adjust the number of extractors and the number of hatches according to the needs.
Finally, the positioning of the temperature probes allows to have a good representation of the building atmosphere.
Control of the air circuit is essential. The smoke test is therefore an effective tool to observe the air flow and therefore to regulate the vacuum in the building.
Moreover, today, a well adjusted and well parameterized ventilation box allows farmers and animals to benefit from optimum breeding conditions.
In some cases, additional tools can be used to facilitate ventilation management :
- In winter, the good management of the heating allows to homogenize the temperatures and thus to help the building to ventilate.
- In summer, it is preferable to install high-pressure foggers to compensate for heat waves, which have a strong influence on the technical results.