Ne manquez pas nos nouveaux contenus
Oxygenation and aire renewal are essential to ensure our animals are in a comfortable environment, suited to their production needs. As a reminder, the optimal comfort standars are:
- The temperature must be between 18 and 24°.
- The ammonia level must be below 10 ppm.
- Air velocity will be less than 0.4 m/s in summer and 0.1 m/s in winter.
In order to achieve these optimal comfort standars, ventilation systems are generally designed with the following principles in mind:
- A longitudinal air circuit
- A dynamic underpressure ventilation
- A progressive ventilation controlled according to the temperature at the height of the animals
- An air preparation room upstream of the rearing shed
- A cooling system on the external air inlets
- A heating system placed in the rearing shed or in the air preparation room or possibly in both places depending on the climate
- A modular air inlet to adjust the air velocity at the height of the animals.
It should be noted that the accessibility to these ventilation systems facilitates cleaning and disinfection of the buildin. Complete control of this equipment is key.
To ensure this, the following need to be considered: the temperature of the air entering the rearing shed, the temperature at the height of the animals and the loading of the shed, expressed in kilograms of animals. Remember that for all-in all-out systems, this loading increases from 1 to 4 during the production cycle. So using this information, we will estimate for each period and for each batch the optimal ventilation volume necessary for the animals.
This ventilation requirement will be expressed in cubic metres per hour. This information will then be configured in the shed ventilation control units. Confirmation of these settings can be made in different ways. For example, air velocity at the height of the animals or at the air inlets can be measured with an anemometer. The ammonia level can also be measured wit a specific instrument.
The daily minimum/maximum temperatures can be recorded. We will also be able to control airflow with specific smoke systems. Thus controlled, ventilation will keep the animals comforable and healthy, essential for the expression of their genetic potential.